BAKED ORANGE CHICKEN
April 20, 2019 Add Comment
BAKED ORANGE CHICKEN
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Course: Main Course
Author: Sabrina Snyder
Baked Orange Chicken made with Panda Express Orange Chicken Copycat Sauce with an easy baked recipe that's easier and healthier than frying in 30 minutes!
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 pounds chicken thighs , boneless skinless
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil , divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger , minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine (white wine works too)
- 1/4 cup orange juice , from the orange
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 10 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 orange , zested
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and add the panko to a food processor and pulse until the crumbs are much smaller, like regular breadcrumbs.
- Add the panko to one bowl, the chicken (cut into small chunks) in a second bowl, the eggs in a third bowl, and the flour in a fourth bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet, then spray with cooking spray (or brush lightly with vegetable oil).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, while the chicken is baking, make the sauce.
- Add the remaining tablespoon vegetable oil, ginger, garlic and crushed red peppers to a saucepan on medium heat and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, bring to a boil until it thickens then turn off the heat and wait for the chicken to finish baking, then toss the chicken with the sauce and serve.
Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 388 calories, Calories: 388g, Carbohydrates: 33g, Protein: 33g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 213mg, Sodium: 505mg, Potassium: 497mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 23g, Vitamin A: 5.2g, Vitamin C: 20.7g, Calcium: 5.3g, Iron: 12.1g