CROCK POT POTATO SOUP RECIPE
April 14, 2019 Add Comment
Prep time : 15 mins | Cook time : 6 hours | Total time : 6 hours 15 mins
- Recipe type: Slow Cooker
- Serves: 10 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water, divided
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & diced into large chunks
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup ½ & ½ (or more as desired)
- Shredded cheese for garnish
- Fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- I used my 5 quart slow cooker.
- First you're going to want to saute your onions and garlic in butter until they start to turn translucent and tender.
- Stir in the flour, mix well. Stir in 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Continue to stir until it thickens up. Once it's thickened, transfer it to your slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients except ½ & ½, cheese and chives.
- Place the lid on and set your crock pot to LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Stir the half and half in about 15 minutes before serving.
- Scoop into a large soup bowl, garnish with the rest of the crumbled bacon, cheese and chives.
adapted from : https://todayscreativelife.com/crock-pot-potato-soup/