BAKED GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN
May 11, 2019 Add Comment
This Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken is loaded with flavor and super easy to make. With only 8 ingredients and one dish you will have this prepped, in the oven, and cleaned up before you know it! This family friendly recipe is perfect for pairing with your favorite sides and can be served traditionally or as a low carb dinner.
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (see note)
8 oz cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
4 cloves garlic crushed through a garlic press
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese divided into 2 half cups
To garnish (optional):
Fresh chopped parsley
- Combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a large baking dish. Spread the cheese mixture over the chicken, then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, and remaining 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375˚F for 25-35 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 375˚F.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- This recipe works best when the chicken breast is relatively thin. If you have normal to thick chicken breasts I recommend cutting them in half so they are half the thickness. You can also cut the chicken in strips, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.