HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
May 01, 2019 Add Comment
This honey mustard chicken is seared chicken breasts that are coated in a honey, mustard and butter mixture, then baked to perfection. A simple yet delicious dinner option!
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the pan and sear on both sides until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the grainy mustard, Dijon mustard, honey and butter.
- Coat a rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the sauce into the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on top of the sauce, then drizzle the remaining sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Cover with foil, then bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
You can skip the browning step if you prefer, and simply add the seasoned uncooked chicken breasts directly to the baking dish. You will likely need to add an additional 5-10 minutes to the bake time.
adapted from : https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/honey-mustard-chicken/