MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE
May 17, 2019 Add Comment
Recipe Video Above. There's a reason why this Mustard Chicken Recipe has been my READER'S FAVORITE for years. Creamy, flavorful and that mustard sauce is super addictive! The whole recipe is prepared in one pan. You're gonna ask for seconds!
Click on the underlined text below to buy ingredients
8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on you can use chicken breast, see the tips in the post above
6 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
2 tbsp butter
5 tbsp Crème fraîche see my substitution tips in the post above
1 c chicken broth
10-15 fresh thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf
1 small onion sliced
1 small shallot sliced
2 tbsp parsley chopped
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and rub with both mustards.
- In a Dutch oven or big oven-proof skillet melt butter on a medium high heat. Add chicken and brown from both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- To the same pan add shallot and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add chicken stock, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add thyme and bay leaves and bring a mixture to a boil.
- Stir in Crème Fraîche and return chicken back to the pan.
- Cook uncovered in the oven for 50-60 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately!
- Don't forget to grab my free European Comfort Food Ebook.
Recipe is adapted from https://www.lavenderandmacarons.com/meat-recipes/mustard-chicken-recipe-4/