ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND HERBS
May 18, 2019 Add Comment
This roasted chicken is coated in a garlic and herb butter, then cooked to golden brown perfection. My roast chicken is tender and juicy and it comes out perfect every time!
1 recipe chicken brine optional but highly recommended
5 lb whole chicken
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 onion peeled and quartered
1 lemon quartered
6 tablespoons butter softened
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves minced
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves minced
salt and pepper to taste go easy on the salt if you've brined your chicken
- Brine the chicken according to recipe directions. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels after it's done brining.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Tuck the chicken wings underneath the breast. Stuff the chicken cavity with the rosemary and thyme sprigs, onion and lemon.
- Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen twine.
- Place the butter, garlic, minced thyme, rosemary and parsley, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Loosen the skin of the chicken breast. Rub the butter mixture all over the chicken, both on the outside of the chicken and underneath the skin.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Cook for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F.
- Check on your chicken every 20 minutes - if the skin is getting overly dark, cover the chicken with foil.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with pan drippings.
Adapted from : https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/roasted-chicken/