S’MORE BARS = S’MORE S’MILES
May 16, 2019 Add Comment
Delicious combination of rich milk chocolate bar chunks, bits of graham cracker and melty, toasted gooey marshmallows baked in cookie dough with a graham cracker crust as well
2/3 cup butter softened
1 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup mini marshmallows divided
3 large sized Hershey bars broken into pieces
2 sleeves graham crackers broken into squares + 2-3 graham crackers broken into bits for top of cookies.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy in another bowl.
- Add vanilla, then add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Fold in the milk chocolate and dark chocolate chips and 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Line a 13x18 sheet pan with parchment paper, spraying the parchment with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay out graham crackers on baking sheet leaving no gaps between them.
- Place small scoops of cookie dough on the graham crackers, using an ice cream scoop and spread dough out a little by flattening with back side of scoop or spoon.
- Bake for 5 minutes without disturbing.
- Optional: Bake for 3 minutes and using a scoop or spoon, spread the top of the dough lightly, so the chocolate and dough mixes together, for a different variation. Place back in oven for 2 minutes.
After 5 minutes of baking
- Press Hershey pieces, 1/3 cup marshmallows. and 1/3 cup broken graham crackers on top.
- Bake for 5-7 more minutes.
- Cool cookie bars in pan.
- Cut cookies into bars or squares.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container.
Makes approx. 30 bars.
Recipe adapted Amandeleine