SWEET CHILI SALMON RICE BOWLS
May 10, 2019 Add Comment
1 pound salmon filet, cut into chunk
1/2 shredded carrot
1/2 shelled edamame
a pinch of salt and pepper
1 bunch of green onions, sliced into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
1/4 chili paste sauce, plus extra for topping if desired
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro (we love lots of cilantro)
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1-2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 limes, sliced
- Cook rice in a rice cooker according to directions.
- Skin and cut salmon into cubes. Place the salmon in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, then cover with the chili sauce and honey, tossing well to coat. You can toss with a little more chili sauce if desired.
- Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. Add the edamame and shredded carrots and cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender. Add green onions and cook and additional 1-2 minutes (I like my carrots to have a little fresh crunch, but it can be cooked a few extra minutes if you would like them thoroughly cooked). Set veggies aside.
- Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Place the salmon in the skillet and cook until opaque and golden on all sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Assemble rice bowls by dividing the rice, veggies, and salmon among 4 bowls. Top with cilantro, sesame seeds, and lime wedges.
- Remove the salmon and place it on a plate. Drizzle it with the toasted sesame oil and cover with the cilantro and sesame seeds. Finish with a spritz of lime. Serve with lime wedges and extra chili sauce.
The cooking time assumes rice can be started ahead of time.