SLOW COOKER CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE
June 03, 2019 Add Comment
Are you looking for more delicious slow cooker recipes? Please check out our huge collection-Slow Cooker Recipes
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large iron cast skillet, melt 1 tablespoon unsalted butter over medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add to the skillet and cook on each side for 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked chicken from the skillet and transfewr to the slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and the rest of the butter.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine half-and-half and cornstrach. Whisk well. Open the lid and add creamy mixture to lemon chicken. Mix well. Cover the lid and cook for further 1 hour.